Tomorrow is Father's Day here in Australia.
Woop de doo!
I have already organised a card and little bits and pieces on behalf of our three young children (vouchers for 'jobs' that the children will be able to do for him), and they have all drawn little pictures for him too. We are not big 'gift' people in this house, but we are certainly 'thought that counts' kinds of people.
CP's day will go something like this:
- He will wake up to a breakfast of sausages and eggs (no bacon - Mummy wasn't that organised this year), which will be served with toast and
coffeetea (during proof reading, CP has reminded me that he prefers tea).
- He will be allowed to sleep in, with little or no interruption from the children.
- CP will be able to choose whatever he wants to watch on the television.
- We might all go for a little drive or do something together at home or in the garden.
- He will probably be able to have an uninterrupted rest after lunch.
- I will prepare his favourite meal for dinner.
All of which I will do whilst I am sick. And then the next day CP will probably contract the same illness I have been battling silently for weeks on end. And I will be made to endure his bout of man flu in much the same way we will celebrate Father's Day.
Happy Father's Day everyone!
Happy Father's Day CP! Love from all of us!