Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An Anniversary

Today, the 6th December, is my wedding anniversary. It's been 8 long years that CP and I have spent together. No itches and no scratches in sight!


Some people say the time goes quickly. And it does. But I think that has more to do with our children growing, than the actual length of time we have been married.

Back then, I didn't realise that a cupboard door left open, butter not put back in the fridge, sandy boots worn through a freshly mopped house, and a sly boob squeeze would be enough to send me into a fit of anger.

I look at old photos of us and remember a whole future ahead of us.

I have spent 6 of the last 8 years either pregnant or breastfeeding.

 I didn't realise that even the smell of my husband would be enough to make me want to sleep in another room out of fear of vomiting.

 I didn't realise that no one would ever make me angrier. Or sadder.

More importantly... I didn't realise that love then could grow and CHANGE. That I really can't imagine life without him, for more reasons than I can even count.



Back then, I'm sure CP didn't realise he was signing up for me to publicly discuss elements of our relationship. He didn't realise he was my muse. He didn't realise I was such a talker...

Ah well, no one can say there aren't plenty of surprises in our relationship.

Thanks Cranky Pants. Here's to another 8, or 58 more! Love you!

xxx The Farmer's Wife xxx

PS: I feel the need to explain that CP and I both forgot it was our anniversary when we woke up today. So thanks 'Kym' for the phonecall. What would I do without you?




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You two don't look too different from 8 years ago :) As someone in the first year of marriage to a farmer I love your blog and your honesty about the ups and downs!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you must have had morning sickness bad!!! Fully agree on the no one makes you angrier bit!! Ha -and your sandy boots are my cow shit boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary... we made a decade this year. And ditto on the post-vow discoveries.

    CHOOSING to be married is a regular decision. They don't really tell you that when you sign up.

    I love my man now more than ever (in spite of the odd bout of Low Blood Sugar Cranky Butt disorder). Heh.
    ;-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I am a vegetarian and my husband was raised on a cattle station.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message! I love hearing from you!