Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Easy Fried Rice

EASY FRIED RICE
 


 INGREDIENTS

1. 3 cups of previously prepared cooked rice. Best left overnight or can still use immediately (like I did). I used medium grain rice but honestly, just use whatever....

2. 2 tbsp sesame oil. You can probably substitute it, but I like the taste in fried rice.

3. 1 onion.

4. 1 cup of peas and carrots. Or add capsicum or whatever you like.

5. 3 tbsp soy sauce or more or less to taste. I actually use more.

6. 2 eggs lightly beaten.

7. Shallots. (To taste).

8. Bacon (as much as you like to add).

You can also add chicken or prawns or whatever to this as well.

METHOD

1. Heat wok or pan with oil and add chopped onion and bacon and cook until tender. Add veges and cook until they are tender too.

2. I move the veges and bacon mix to one side and make an egg omelette on the other side of the pan. Then I cut it into strips and mix the egg with the other bacon and veges I previously cooked.

3. Then I add the rice and soy sauce and shallots (and any other extras you would add now). Stir and fry until ready.

Enjoy!

This is a super easy recipe and a great way to use left over rice and other ingredients as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message! I love hearing from you!