Friday, February 4, 2011

Something Different...

This is not a regular post by me, but I felt it was a golden opportunity to do something a little different...


Today I received a blogging award from Pauline, at The Paddock. Thank you very much for the 'Stylish Blogger Award' Pauline. It is very much appreciated. Pauline is the mother of my lovely friend, Justine, in New Zealand, and she has been with this blog since its very beginning. Pauline takes amazing photos, and it is definitely worth checking out her page to see for yourself.








There are four steps to follow that go along with the award.

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. ~They can read it here~
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.  ~I think that, for the most part, the blogs I mention aren't really into the 'award' thing, so I fully understand if they don't 'pass it on' so to speak!~

In my usual blog, I like to share my experiences as a mother, and more specifically, a mother in a remote area. Thinking of 7 things about yourself is pretty hard. I lay my life on the line and there isn't much I can tell you that will come as a surprise... 

1. I originally intended on staying 'out west' for a maximum of 6 months. I had hoped to save some money and continue my travels. I met CP a month into my time in St George, and the rest (as they say) is history. 
2. I never lie (okay, I stretch the truth about such things as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, in an effort to prolong my children's innocence, but I never lie to adults.) When confronted with a direct question, I do not have the capacity or energy to tell a lie. 
3. I like to read books about serial killers. I am not weird. I just really find it fascinating looking into the psyche of people who are that insane. The Fred West story is a favourite.
4. I don't like mushrooms. Or fish for that matter. I like the smell of both of them cooking, but can't stomach them to save my life.
5. One day I want to learn how to take amazing photographs. I keep telling myself I'll do it next time I buy a good camera. But it never happens. Stay tuned.
6. I am anal about good spelling and grammar. It comes with the English Teacher territory. Unfortunately, having children has affected the functioning of my brain. If you find spelling or grammatical errors on my page, 9 times out of ten it is a typo. The other 1 time I have just been a lazy proofreader. 
7. I like to give gifts more than I like to receive them. Honest to goodness truth.

I don't know 15 bloggers to send this award to. So I will mention just a few who I read regularly. I like them because they are funny, or interesting, and sometimes both. And if they would like the award, they are more than entitled to it. Others, (like Pioneer Woman - who is FANTASTIC) are far too busy to even notice an award like this...

In no particular order:


OKAY - thanks again Pauline! Much appreciated! Now back to my regular blogging...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely award. I really enjoy your posts! I'm totally with you regarding 6. It's a teacher-thing I think.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message! I love hearing from you!